Ever wanted to turn on Airdrop on your Mac or on your iPhone(Xs, XMax, Xr, 8 etc). This post is for you. Airdrop is used in transfering local files between iOS devices, your iPhone, your iPad and even your MacBook Os.
It is cool to use if you configure it well, if you misconfigure it you likely will get something from someone else. The base of Airdrop is that it works under the following conditions
- It’s a macOS and iOS feature
- It uses Bluetooth and Wi-fi’ therefore the both devices have to be within range.
- The file shouldn’t be to big if not you gonna sleep there.
AirDrop is an ad-hoc service in Apple Inc.’s iOS and macOS operating systems, introduced in Mac OS X Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) and iOS 7, which enables the
transfer of files among supported Macintosh computers and iOS devices over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, without using mail or a mass storage device. -> Wikipedia
Table of Contents
How to turn on AirDrop on iPhone(Xs, Xr, XMax, 8 e.t.c) and/or iPad
This is the most comprehensive way to turn Airdrop on.
Step 1: You switch on your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your iDevice.
Step 2: Access the control center by swiping up from the bottom of your iDevice screen.
Step 3: Select Airdrop option, then choose “Contact Only” or “Everyone” to send or receive data.
Step 4: In an instance where you want to transfer ‘Photo’ from your iPhone to iPad, Navigate to your Photos App and select the photos to transfer.
Step 5: Select the share button and then choose the iPad you are sharing to.
Step 6: On your iPad click on “Accept” to receive the photos from your iPhone.
How to turn on AirDrop on Mac
Step 1: Navigate to ‘Finder’ then select ‘Go’.
Step 2: Click on ‘Airdrop’ on the window’s left side.
Step 3: Turn on your Bluetooth and your WI-fI.
Step 4: You can set the “Allow me to be discovered by” option as “Everyone” or “Contacts Only”.
Step 5: After you have turned on AirDrop on your Mac, drag the items/files/photos you want to share to the recipient’s image appeared in the AirDrop window and click on “Send“. (Or you can choose items, tap on the Share button, choose “AirDrop”, select the recipient and click “Done” to transfer data to another AirDrop-supported device.)
Understanding Airdrop Options
- The ‘Receiving Off‘ option: AirDrop functionality is totally disabled; you can’t even use AirDrop even between your own devices.
- The ‘Contacts Only‘ option: Only people in your iOS device Contacts List can see your AirDrop availability and send you files (which you will have to accept or decline); you can send AirDrop files between your own devices (that share the same Apple ID) with automatic acceptance.
- The ‘Everyone‘ Option: Anyone with an AirDrop-capable device within ~30 feet from you will see the name and profile photo of your Apple ID.
After turning airdrop on, the next thing is to transfer, learn how to transfer photos, files and videos from your iPhone to your Mac using the Airdrop feature
Checkout other post on HowTo9ja
- How To Share Your Whatsapp Location
- How To Use Apple Pay Easily
- How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Mac
- How To Go Incognito On Safari MacOS and iOS
- How To Screen Record With Your Mac