Log Out From Messenger in 2019 & 2020: Since Facebook made the Messenger app a standalone, users have found it difficult to successfully log out.
Aside from making the service be on its own, the tech giants added an ability to delete an already sent FB message.
Unlike the main FB app, you can’t easily find a logout button. See how to sign out of Messenger on Android and iOS from your phone or PC below.
How To Sign Out Of Messenger.
There are two main methods of logging out of Facebook Messenger on your Android device, the are
- Clear Messenger’s app data in your device Settings.
- Log out of the Messenger session from your Facebook app.
Logout On Facebook Messenger By Clearing Messenger App Data In Settings
To log out of the Facebook Messenger app using this method, you need to first navigate to your android setting page.
- Close the app if it is open, and get rid of it from your recent apps list; otherwise, this trick won’t work.
- In your phone’s Settings, scroll down to the ‘Apps’ or Application Manager, and keep scrolling until you find ‘Messenger’ if your apps are arranged orderly it should be in the’M’ section
- Tap on this, locate Storage.
- After opening Storage, select Clear data.
- Now, when you go back to tap on Messenger in your app drawer, you should see that it won’t log you in automatically.
Note: This is an unpolished method because after clearing the app’s cache, it makes the app to be as new as a fresh installation, i.e., it wouldn’t have a history of your login details.
How To Log Out From Messenger using The App
If you’ve got FB Messenger on your phone, the chances are good that you’ve got the Facebook app as well. From the Android Facebook app,
- Open your official Facebook Application
- Tap the More button on the top right (which should appear as three horizontal lines).
- Go to Settings and Privacy
- Go to Settings(There you should see Account settings and Security)
- Scroll down to Security and select Security and login. You’ll see a section called Where you’re logged in, then select the Messenger session and tap Log Out.
How To log out of Messenger on iPhone
- Open your Facebook app (not Messenger, but the Facebook iOS app itself)
- Tap the More button on the bottom right.
- Scroll down to Settings, tap Account Settings, then Security. In the Security menu, go to Where you’re logged in. Once you open it, you can manage all your Facebook account’s active sessions across any device, app, or browser.
- Then close the session listed as “Facebook Messenger on iOS 10″ or whichever version iOS version your iPhone runs on.
The next time you open Messenger, you’ll be logged out and prompted to log back in with the same account as before, or you can choose to switch accounts at that point.
How To Log Out From Messenger App On PC/WEBSITE
You can log out of the iOS or Android Messenger apps from the Facebook website, from your PC or your mobile phone’s browser.
- Go to Facebook.com, then select Settings from the drop-down menu on the top right.
- Go to Security and Login, then find the section called Where You’re Logged In.
- Find the Messenger session you’d like to log out of, click the three dots on the right, then click Log Out. You will completely log out Messenger.
I hope I was able to assist you. You’ve learned how to Log Out From Messenger