Ever wondered How do you import photos from iPhone to MacBook? You are on track. For many reason, you may want to import your photos or pictures to your Mac for security reasons, to backup the picture of maybe you want to use the picture on your Mac Book.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using USB? Instructions below ↓
Step 2: Normally, the Photo App embedded in your Mac should automatically open, but if it doesn’t open you do that by going to your Application folder.
Step 3: Take your cursor to ‘File‘ at the top menu, a drop down should appear locate and click ‘Import‘.
Step 5: When you are done selecting, click on ‘Review‘.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly?
In a case where you have no USB cable around and you want to make the transfer. I’ll show you some methods you can go about this.
1. Using Third Party App
2. Using Airdrop
Note this if you plan to use Airdrop.
- AirDrop requires iPhone and Mac with a recent iOS and OS version.
- Both devices’ Bluetooth needs to be enabled.
- Both iPhone and Mac should have a working Wi-Fi.
- iPhone and Mac should be within range.
- For the most important, please make sure the AirDrop on your iPhone and Mac should work well, if you have any problem, you can refer to this guide for solving AirDrop not working on iOS.
Step 2: You now open your iPhone’s Photo App
Note: If you have trouble with AirDrop transfer between the Mac and iOS devices, you can try to restart both devices to fix the problem. If the devices can’t recognize and find each other, set AirDrop to Everyone instead of Contacts Only.
3. Synchronizing Photos Using iCloud Photo Stream
A little thing about iCloud Photo stream;
- Photo Stream doesn’t take up any of your iCloud Storage space.
- Photo Stream doesn’t upload videos but you will be able to view your pictures across all your iDevices.
- Photos will appear in Photo Stream for only 30 days (we have a solution to this below).
- By default, photos will automatically synchronize if you are in a Wi-Fi zone, unless you instruct it to use cellular data.
- To be able to use Photo Stream, you’ll need to enable it on your iDevices and your Mac.
Step 1: Locate and open your iPhone ‘Settings‘ app.
Step 2: Tap on your profile/banner at the top of your Settings page.
Step 3: Go down and Tap on iCloud
Step 4: Now, choose Photos.
Step 5: Toggle on Upload to My Photo Stream.
Go to your Mac Book >>
Step 7: Choose iCloud then Sign in
Step 8: Click on the options close to ‘Photos‘.
Step 9: Tick the box next to ‘My Photo Stream‘. Then click Done.
The remedy for the above problem is
- Open the Photos app.
- Select Preferences at the very top, under Photos.
- Choose General.
- Check the box next to Importing: Copy Items to the Photo Library. Source from iPhoneLife
I hope I was able to help you out!