How To Tie A Tie: Hey! Gentleman Let me guess you have a social function to attend and you are in urgent need on how to tie a tie so as to look good or for the function dressing code, well you are in the right place.
I’ll be teaching you how to tie a normal tie and a bow tie in a very straight forward way.
How To Tie A Tie With The Windsor Pattern
Funny enough the Duke of Windsor never really used the Windsor knot, he preferred a wide triangular knot. In fact, the Duke achieved his trendsetting look by tying a Four-in-Hand with specially made wide and extra thick ties.
- 1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. The tip of the small end should rest slightly above your belly-button (this will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end.
- 2. Wide end over the small end to the left.
- 3. Up into the neck loop from underneath.
- 4. Down to the left.
- 5. Around the back of the small end to the right.
- 6. Up to the center, towards neck loop.
- 7. Through the neck loop and down to the right.
- 8. Across the front to the left.
- 9. Up into the neck loop from underneath.
- 10. Down through the loop you’ve just created in the front.
- 11. Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Slide the knot up & adjust.
How Tie A Bow Tie
- 1. Start with the bow tie lying face up. Adjust the bow tie so right side is shorter than the left. The end on the left will be referred to as A and the end on the right will be referred to as B.
- 2. Move A to the right side, across B.
- 3. Bring A under B and up through the neck loop.
- 4. At the joint, fold B towards the right and then towards the left to create a the bow shape.
- 5. Bring A straight down over the middle of the bow shape that was made with B.
- 6. Fold A back towards the chest and pinch the fold.
- 7. Push the pinched end (A) through the loop behind B.
- 8. Pull on the folded parts of the bow to tighten.
- 9. Adjust until balanced on both sides.
Source from TiesDOTCom
Hey!! How about you Rate, Share the post and drop a comment below??