How To Not Throw Up: First and foremost you need to understand that unless triggered, vomiting is caused by the brain and not your stomach and the reason the
Brain wants you to vomit is to free you from harmful substances in your body, so unless you triggered the vomit or ‘Throw up’ by yourself through any of this means this are the ways to stop yourself from ‘Throwing Up’.
Below are some reasons that makes you want to throw up
- Stomach bugs such as flu.
- Stress and/or anxiety might be a cause.
- Pregnancy can cause nausea and vomiting in the first few months.
- Watching someone vomit might make you want to vomit
- Psychogenic vomiting is a psychological condition that is caused by either conversion disorder or major depression.
- Conversion disorder is a psychological disorder caused by neurological symptoms during stress and may include other physical manifestations such as paralysis of a limb, deafness, blindness, and even seizures.
- Cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS) is repeated attacks of vomiting and nausea that may last for weeks, years, or even decades. The cause of CVS is unknown.
This Are Ways To Not Throw Up
Below are a few things you can do that may help stop you from throwing up.
- GO AND MEET A DOCTOR: We have come to terms with the fact that vomiting or throwing up is a work of the brain not your stomach, and your brain as the powerhouse of your whole body must have a reason for this, so seeing your doctor who in this case speaks ‘BRAIN’ language will be a big step.
- Taking Ginger, Cloves or Fennel: Mother nature has blessed us with so many means to cure our problems, Ginger is a perfect creation of mother nature, all you have to do here is make a ginger tea for yourself; all you have to do is add a spoon of ginger to warm water. The same thing applies to Fennel and Cloves. Cloves and Fennel has been taught a long time ago to help calm the stomach lining.
- Drinking Water: Drinking water MIGHT help, on some occasons most especially when you are really sick, you’ll throw up still and it will be more of liquid than solid, but on many occasions drinking not just water but fuids could help calm your stomach down.
- Wrist acupressure: Acupressure is a popular traditional Chinese medicine remedy. It uses pressure to stimulate certain points on the body to relieve symptoms. Applying pressure to pressure point Neiguan (P-6), a spot on the palm side of the forearm near your wrist, may help relieve nausea and vomiting. Source
To massage this pressure point:
1. Place three fingers across the wrist.
2. Put your thumb under your index finger.
3. Rub this point in a firm, circular motion for two to three minutes.
4. Repeat on the other wrist.
- Chew some mint gum: Mint does more than just making your mouth fresh, It has been known that Mint helps to quiet stomach upset, chewing gum also helps keep your mouth busy which when mixed with the mint of the gum can distract your mind, your mouth, and settle your stomach. If you have peppermint tea you can also try drinking that, smelling peppermint essential oils, or sucking on a candy cane or breath mint.
- Distract Yourself: Watch a movie, go out, walk round.. GYM!!
- Humming: When you hum, you stop that ‘gag’ reflex that comes with vomiting urge.
- Run cool water on your wrists and the back of your neck:. If you feel like your temperature is rising as you start to feel sick this can help to cool you down and distract your mind from the fact that you feel like throwing up.
I hope this steps helped you!!!