How To Make Your Instagram Private: The moment you create an Instagram account, it is visible to anybody in the world,
what I mean is that anybody can open your Instagram page and view any of your post without you knowing.
The is a way to keep your Instagram account private, all you have to do is follow the below steps.
Making Instagram Account Private
Here you get to learn how to make your Instagram private, on your PC or on your mobile device. Before we proceed how about you follow me on Instagram by clicking here *winks
How To Make Your Instagram Private On IOS and Android
- Go to your profile(Usually located at the lower right hand corner)
- Tap on this (It’s like three hyphens lined up vertically )
- Tap on the Settings.
- Tap on Privacy > Account Privacy.
- Tap next to Private Account to make your account private.
How To Make Your Instagram Private On PC
- Go to Instagram’s official site on your computer.
- Log in
- Locate and click (at the top right hand corner)
- Then locate and click
- Click Privacy and Security.
- Below Account Privacy, click to check the box next to Private Account.
Features of a Private account includes(but not limited to)
Post from your PRIVATE Instagram that you share to other social networks may be visible to the public depending on your privacy settings for those networks. That is to say, assuming you auto post or share a post from your private account to Facebook, your Facebook followers will be able to see it.
Making your account private makes people unable to follow you automatically, if someone tries to follow you, he/she has to send a follower request.
Your new follow requests appear in the activity section of your Instagram, you can either approve or ignore.
Instagram accounts that followed you prior to you making the account private can still see your post, the only remedy here is to block them.
Accounts that don’t follow you can send photos and videos to you.
Other ways to keep your Privacy PRIVATE
The idea of people sending a request before the follow you could harm you, picture yourself trying to follow someone then you are greeted with the “Request sent, wait for response” You might lose it and unfollow the person, I hope you grab
So, making your account isn’t what you really need to do. Take this suggestions below into consideration.
By reducing the amount of details you give out, you mustn’t post everything about yourself on your profile.
To edit your Instagram profile, locate and tap the Profile icon again and click on Edit Your Profile. Then edit any this four options: Name, Username, Website and Bio.
- If the thing you are trying to avoid is already a follower, all you have to do is block the account.
- Tap their username to open their profile, tap the three horizontal dots icon, then tap Block User.
I hope I was able to help. Speaking on privacy, learn how to keep your Mac OSx and iOS browsing activities private by following this link.