How To Download And Install iOS 13: Yeah yeah!! It’s barely 48 hours old, at least at the point of writing this article, but well incase you are wondering how to install the iOS 13 on your device, HowTo9ja has you covered in that aspect.
Well, Apple said the iOS 13 wouldn’t be available to the public until the falls but I present to you a way to get it A LEGAL WAY. I mean the BETA version of the iOS 13, this version is mostly given to developers if you are a developer good, if you are not……. well!!!
Apple inc releases the developer beta version first for two reasons.
- So developers can get to work optimizing their apps and products for the new software immediately and prepare for the official release.
- The also released this version so as to avoid any major bugs or issues going out to the much larger public beta tester community. The public beta version won’t be available until sometime in July.
NOTE: I really really advise that you make a complete archived backup of your iPhone before making use of the beta version. Beta versions of updates are usually unstable, so in cases of necessity, the archived backup may save your ass.
Below Are The Devices iOS 13 Is Compatible With
iOS is a feature everyone will love to have, but the downside is, not iPhone models are compatible for this update. Models like 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad Air, Air 2, and mini 2 will remain on iOS 12.3.1. or 12.4 for the rest of their life cycles.
In the iPad world, the iOS 13 comes as iPadOS 13. iPadOS 13 is supported on iPad Pro models, iPad mini 4 and 5th generation, iPad Air 2 and 3rd generation, and iPad 5th and 6th generation.
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
Lets Install This iOS 13 Update
The are different ways ti go about this, but I’ll be going with the Mojave Method only.
For the main time there is no configuration profile for iOS 13, so using the restore image is the only option. For you to be able to install the IPSW restore file for your specific iPhone model you’ll need the Xcode 11 beta on the latest version of the macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Go ahead and register your iPhone’s UDID with your developers account, if not done so already.
- Visit developer.apple.com/download and sign in to your Developer account. If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your account, following the verification instructions.
- Below the iOS 13 section, select “View all.”
- You now download the IPSW file for the appropriate model iPhone.
- While on the “Downloads” page, select the “Applications” tab and download “Xcode 11 beta.” Xcode is a huge file, so it will take some time to download.
- Unpack the Xcode XIP file, which may take some time. Afterward, you will have Xcode installed.
- Open up the Xcode 11 beta app and follow the on-screen instructions to install any additional tools needed.
- Make sure you have the newest iTunes version on your computer. On macOS, you can check via the “Update” tab in the Mac App Store. For Windows, use “Check for Updates” in the “Help” menu in iTunes; If that isn’t there, you can check for updates from the Microsoft Store. However, Xcode is not available for Windows so PC users are left out this time, so you can stop right here if that’s you.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with your Lightning to USB cable or Lightning to USB-C cable.
- If you see an “Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories” notification appear on your iPhone, unlock your iPhone using Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode to proceed.
- Tap “Trust This Computer” if prompted on your iPhone, and follow the on-screen steps to trust it. You can always untrust the computer later if need be later.
- Open iTunes if it’s not already opened.
- If not already logged in, sign in to your Apple account in iTunes.
- Select the iPhone in iTunes and make sure you’re in the “Summary” tab.
- Back up and archive it for safe-keeping, if not already done. Make sure to use the encrypted backup option if you want to carry on Health and Activity data.
- Hold down the Option key on Mac or Shift key on Windows, then click on “Update” or “Check for Update” in iTunes to initiate the process.
- From the selection window in iTunes, choose the IPSW restore image that you downloaded to your computer. Then, select “Open” to begin the installation.
- Once iTunes finishes installing the image, your iPhone will restart.
- Now, all that’s left to do is follow the instructions on your iPhone to activate and set up iOS 13.
Alternative Way Of Installing iOS13 Beta
The iOS 13 firmware file can be obtained without registration for developers. Before I give you the link to download the firmware file , take note of this steps below; The installation process will be the same with the one above, starting from Step 8.
Beta versions can also be downloaded from GoogleDrive.
If the error “This file cannot be downloaded yet, because the download quota is exceeded”
1- Click on the file and select “Create a copy”2-Then go to your Google Drive to find the firmware file.
3-Click on the file and select “Create a copy”
4-After that, a copy of the IPSW file will appear on the disk, which you can already download without any restrictions.
DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE HERE(Scroll Down)
Please, be aware that all iOS devices need to have a registered developers account, for ways to go around this without paying, you need to browse extensively *winks.