How To Change Facebook Page Name: Facebook is a part of society, it is here to stay, and in one way or the other, you are using a resource managed by Facebook example your Whatsapp or Instagram
So in the social media fold, Facebook is king. Facebook is a social media that can be used for something more than just SOCIALIZING. It is used to generate money for its users ‘IF USED WELL.’
So I’ll be showing you how to change your Facebook page name. Your Fb Page name could be changed no matter the device(iPhone, Android) or browser you use to access Facebook.
Steps To Change Facebook Page Name
Step 1: Click About on the left side of your Page.
Step 2: Click Edit next to your Page’s name.
Step 3: Enter a new Page name and click Continue.
Step 4: Review your request and click Request Change.
DO’s and DON’T’s of Changing Your Facebook Page
Facebook has this to say:
“Page name changes are only permitted once every 7 days.The new page name may take up to 3-7 days to review, so make sure you start the process early to ensure that your new rebranding/name announcement launch is aligned across all efforts.If your name change is approved, you won’t be able to unpublish the page or change the name again for another 7 days. During this time, Facebook will let your page fans know that your page’s name has been updated.“ Click this source for more information
Now other things you should consider before you change your Facebook page are:
Page names can’t include:
- The use of abusive terms or phrases.
- Use of terms or phrases that may violate someone’s rights.
- The word “official” if the Page isn’t the official Page of a brand, place, organization, or public figure.
- Improper capitalization (example: tHe best CaFE). Page names must use grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capital letters, except for acronyms.
- Symbols (example: ® ) or unnecessary punctuation.
- Excited Descriptions or slogans (example: The Hottest Label – We are the best record label on earth). Page managers can add these hypes to the ABOUT section of the Facebook page.
- Any variation of the word “Facebook.”
Page names can’t consist only of:
- Generic words (example: Pizza). Pages must be managed by official representatives of the topics they’re about.
- Generic geographic locations (for example, New York). However, you can create a Page name for an organization that represents a geographic location. For example, “New York City – Mayor’s Office” and “Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain” are acceptable Page names. source
Besides, there is a limit of 75 characters in your Page name, Also keep in mind that changing your Page’s name won’t affect its username.
I hope you were able to change your Facebook page name. You’ve learned How To Change Facebook Page Name, check out any of these articles below.
- How To Delete A Sent Facebook Message
- How To Enable Dark Mode
- How To Take Down A Facebook Page
- How To Delete Facebook Page On Mobile App